You’ve got Mac questions? Tim’s got answers! Join us at our monthly Group Mac Support meeting where everyone is welcome!
Bring your questions, troubles and topics for an interactive session with lively discussion. Each class will begin with a short presentation about topics like “What is iCloud?” or “Introduction to iPhoto.” Then we’ll build a list of everyone’s questions to make sure we cover all the right topics.
Please note that the July class has been canceled. We look forward to seeing you in August.
Please note our new location starting with our June 2015 class.
Past discussions have included:
- My Mac lost its sound. How do I get it back?
- How do I sync my iPad to my Mac?
- How can I backup my Mac?
- What software should I use to create a web site?
- Why can’t I send email?
To learn this month’s topic, check out our Meetup page.
When: Every month on the third Monday from 6-8 pm. Please note that any exceptions to this date will be listed on Meetup.
Cost: $15 per class or $100 for a 10-pack of classes. Pay via cash or check when you arrive.
For location information and to sign up, head on over to the Group Mac Support Meetup page and join in.
- Go to http://www.meetup.com/Group-Mac-Support/
- If you already have a Meetup account, just sign in.
- If you don’t have a Meetup account, then create one by doing this:
- Click the “Sign Up” link in the top right corner of the Group Mac Support page
- Sign up using Facebook or by providing your name, email address and choosing a password.
- Once you’re on the Group Mac Support page:
- Click the red “Join us!” button in the upper right part of the page.
- That will add you to the group so you can be notified of upcoming classes.
- To register for a particular date, click the RSVP button.
Tim is one of those people who inspires complete confidence. He goes beyond the call of duty to follow up after technical support visits and to make sure everything is going well. He is efficient, thorough and does his research before a site visit to make sure no time is wasted and that his solutions are appropriate. He also is very easy to be around, with a working sense of humor– an added blessing for someone working in a home office. I would not hesitate to recommend him to any of my colleagues for computer support.” Read more testimonials.