Have you ever wanted to delete or forward an individual text message from your iPhone or iPad? Here are some simple instructions:
- On your iPhone or iPad open the Messages app.
- Select a person’s name (or phone number) to view all of the text messages that you’ve exchanged.
- Press and hold on one of the messages. A menu will pop-up, letting you select Copy or More.
- Select More. Notice the circles that appear to the left of the messages.
- Tapping on a circle inserts a checkmark to select the message.
- Tap the Trash Can icon in the lower left corner to delete the select message(s).
- Alternatively, tap the curved arrow icon in the lower right corner to forward the select message(s) to another person.
If you liked this Tech Tip, you might like my older tip about how to export or save text messages en masse.